Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Just Do It

Why do I find it so hard to sit down and write?

Seriously.

What else do I have to do? This evening I thought there was no way I would have time to write and yet, here I am. Writing.

It hasn't been without it's challenges. BJ has golf tonight and it's never smooth sailing when I am alone to get all three kiddos fed and ready for bed. Nice little rhyme action there! And once they are in bed, there's the supper clean up and toy clean up.

Then there's the shows I want to watch. It was so much nicer when I didn't watch TV.

All day long I tell myself, "write, write, write". Because I enjoy it and it really does make me feel better afterwards. I let myself get so distracted with things that don't matter that I completely ignore the voice in my head saying what I need to be doing.

I keep thinking of a quote I saw on Facebook. About meeting God in heaven and thanking Him for my blessings and Him telling me, "Think of what you could have done if you trusted Me more?".

I want to trust Him. I want to trust Him with my whole heart. I know He is guiding me to write and yet I continue to stall. Why? Because I'm afraid of failing? Because I'm afraid of what others will think? Why does it matter? If this is what I'm supposed to do, than it will work out. Remember that. And just do it!

Dear God, help me to trust in You with my whole heart. Help me to become the person You intended me to be. Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment