Thursday, April 21, 2016

Ouch! Re-cap

I wanted to write an update to my "Ouch!" post as it has been quite the week!

Day two and three were the WORST! I couldn't rub against my breasts. I couldn't hold Nora or hug the kids without being in pain. It was NOT fun! I started to worry about mastitis but thankfully that hasn't been an issue. The best I could think of to do was put ice packs on and use Ibuprofen which did help but not fully relieve.

That's what I get! My mom reminded me on day three that I could call my doctor for medicine to wipe out my milk but I like taking the suffering route! Like I said at Nora's birth before getting the epidural, "I need to feel this to know she is our last baby!".

Day four the pain started to subside but I still felt full. I kept talking myself into and finally out of nursing Nora to make it stop. I did not want to start this all over again! Day five until now (day eight) have shown major relief! I'm still tender but I can hold and cuddle Nora and hug the kids without pain. No more hard lumps, which I'm not going to lie, I did worry about breast cancer lumps. Being a worst-case-scenerio thinker and the fact I watch way too much t.v. did make me a little paranoid!

So over a week later and I can say that the milk is gone and my nursing days are over. It is still a sad moment for me knowing that we are officially done having children. Now I can focus more on all three of the kids rather than more exclusively Nora. I'm excited about the new-found freedom I will have and not having to schedule everything around pumping and feeding. Nora did try a little whole milk in a sippy cup yesterday and did really well with it! So far, no reactions. Big girl, here she comes!

Dear God, thank you for our crazy children! Help us to remember to be patient with them and enjoy them because they grow up way too fast! Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment