Sunday, May 1, 2016

The Neverending Story

Life does not bring with it quick resolutions. Which, unfortunately, this blog might sound a bit redundant. This is something I've come to realize in the last few months. I'm always hoping a good day will continue into future days and I'll never have to worry about the issue again. Wishful thinking, right?

There are days when things are easier than others. When the budget works out nicely and balances out. When the kids have been good and I focus on having fun with them rather than lecturing, yelling, or mixing up my priorities. When BJ and I have good conversations and I feel secure with him. Not everyday works out that way. Most days not all of that happens in the same day.

I try to remind myself of a quote from "Sex and the City" that Charlotte tells the three other women after Samantha is going through a rough patch in her relationship. They ask each other when the last time they felt happy and Charlotte responds with, "Every day.....Not all day every day, but every day". There is a lot of good in my days and I get frustrated with myself that I focus on what has been the negative of the day.

Because everyday is a good day. Everyday is a great day as I said in my first post. BJ even pointed out that I walk a certain way when I let the negative get the better of me. Sometimes, actually most of the time, he's completely way off to what has made me do the "negative walk". It's no fault of his own. He's just not in my head to know what I'm thinking.

So through this journey, I am challenging myself to focus on the positive. Even on a particularly hard day, to always find the positive in one way or the other. Isn't that the way to live?

Dear God, help me to always find the positive and to not be anchored down by the negative which can be so easy to do anymore. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment