Monday, May 9, 2016

1 John 1:9

"If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness." 1 John 1:9

God is asking us to talk to Him. To own up to our mistakes and find forgiveness and love in them. The more we search for His love and forgiveness, the closer we become to him and understand what it really means to love. To love others, to love ourselves. All we have to do, is talk.

I couldn't even tell you how many times I sin throughout the day. It's nothing that this world would condemn me for. Nothing I'd be thrown in jail for. Nothing earth shattering. But they are sins and I honestly don't think God has a hierarchy chart of sins. A sin is a sin and He is so amazing to forgive us and let us know that it's ok. I made a mistake, but it will be ok because I owned up to it and am forgiven.

When I am going through a tough time, I like to turn to my close friends to air it all out. To vent. That's what God wants. It's such an easy concept and yet so hard for me to do. I feel like I don't deserve to be forgiven that easily. That I don't deserve to be pure and righteous. I feel like I need to sit in a puddle of my sins and wallow there for awhile before I can feel better about myself. That's not needed. That is drama. Just give it up. Give it to God and move on with my life.

I will always be tempted by sin. It's just a given in this world. What I need to remember is that talking about my sins to God through prayer is a step forward, not a step back.

Dear God, help me to remember my sins, not to repeat them, but to learn from them and use them as a way to grow closer to You and to others. Amen




No comments:

Post a Comment