Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Forgiving, Not Forgetting, the Past

The past....why do I let it haunt me? My past isn't even that terrible! So I made a poor career choice. So I didn't save my money like I should have. Everybody has their "coulda, woulda, shoulda" moment. So why do I let it bring me down?

I seriously thought about making a career change two years ago. I looked into going to UNK for teaching to eventually become a guidance counselor. The more I thought of paying for ANOTHER college loan and having to save for our children's college, the more I realized this was not going to work. I talked to BJ about it and we came to the realization that if I were to do this, there's no way we could have another baby like we had wanted. Low and behold, we found out we were pregnant with Nora shortly after. So God gave us a curve ball!

I've been working hard these last few months trying to get our finances on track to give us a better future and better present. It has been anything but easy, it's been a life-style change for both BJ and I, but I feel like we are getting closer and are becoming more aware of how we manage our money.

I really hope I continue to learn from the past rather than try to ignore it ever happened. I want my kids to not make certain mistakes that I did. There is so much I hope for the future. The best strategy is to take it one day at a time for now until I'm in a place where I can focus more on the future. Right now, I really feel like I need to fix the present.

Dear God, give me contentment and knowledge to not give into the temptations of this world but to realize what we are in need of now to help make a better future. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment