Thursday, May 12, 2016

Mom Brain

Lately, I have been having a really hard time with memory. I keep contributing it to "mom brain" but when is it something more? Here are just a few examples of what I've been dealing with:

1. I tell the same story to the same person more than once in the same week.
2. I can't remember what I thought and what I said so I'm afraid to repeat it but still really want to know the answer.
3. I walk into a room fully knowing what I'm going there for and in an instance, gone!
4. Same with my writing. I feel like I have a great idea then I go to the computer and, gone!

Maybe it's also because I've had some other things on my mind lately that have taken over any other logical thinking process. Maybe I'm so exhausted that it's altered my mental state. Maybe it's because I work with a lot of patients that have confusion and dementia that it's starting to take a toll on me!

I don't know exactly what it is but I pray to God that it settles down once I can begin my 3 days a week at work. I'm looking forward to decreased work exhaustion and more at-home time! Will it make a difference? I guess time will tell.

Dear God, help me to keep my sanity and function properly! Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment