Wednesday, July 13, 2016

"Great Are You, Lord"

"Great Are You, Lord".

This is one of my favorite songs. This post may get a little cheesy but I don't really care because this is how I feel in the moment.

I first heard this song in church with our live band performing it. I cried the first time I heard it because it is such a powerful song. Now I cannot sing, but with this song I am so one of those congregation members that likes to THINK they can sing! I just love it.

"It's Your breath in our lungs,
So we pour out our praise,
We pour out our praise.
It's Your breath in our lungs,
So we pour out our praise to You only"

God gave us breath. God gave us life. God gives us love. Love so powerful and so unconditional that if you only believe that Jesus Christ is your savior, you will have eternal life. What an amazing concept. And yet I fall so short everyday of living up to His expectations, hard as I may try. 

I am not perfect. I could be a better wife. I could be a better mother. I could be a better person. My children are not perfect. My husband is not perfect. My friends are not perfect. We live our lives judging others for their imperfections while fighting our own demons. I have really been trying to focus on this aspect of my life. To hold back the judgmental thoughts and words and think instead of how can I pray for this person? How can I let them know that I am here for them? How can I love them? It can be very awkward and very humbling. And let me tell you, it takes a lot of hard work and reminding to love others as God loves us.

So for all those that are struggling, no matter how big or small you may think it is, I'm praying for you. I'm praying for you to find the positive when surrounded by so much negative. i'm praying for you to find love where there is so much hate. I'm praying for you to find God among so many demons. When it comes down to it, I truly do feel that if you look towards God, you will feel relief. I have many times and I am far from being the perfect christian. He's there for you, for me, for all of us whether you want to believe it or not. 

Dear God, thank you for showing me what it means to love. Help me to raise my children to love as you would have it and to help me to love others the way you would have it. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment