Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Back to Original Thought

When I became more serious about writing, I intended it to be used to build my relationship with God. I wanted to use it as a way to grow and understand what it means to me to be a Christian. There are many times I lose sight of that and it can be difficult to find my voice again.

I have felt more disconnected to God lately and I am really wanting to turn that around so I thought the best place to start would be here. Earlier this year, BJ and I really focused on our marriage through our faith. I felt like we opened up to each other more and became less defensive towards each other. It was a nice change! I was praying more, I was reading more, I really felt like I was growing closer to God.

Then what? Life got away from me. I became too busy to write, too busy to read, too busy to pray. I can honestly say I've been more tense these last couple of weeks because I let myself become "too busy". There were even some days that I just wanted to shut my brain off and not think about anything and yet I was thinking about EVERYTHING and accomplishing NOTHING!

So here I am, back at the drawing board to reach deeper into myself to build that relationship again, with God, with the people that I love. I have started writing my daily bible verses hoping to bring them to this blog. I have started praying more hoping to find more time to have one-on-one time with God. I still have a ways to go but I hope I continue on this path.

There's too much evil going on in the world. I really want to fight like hell to keep hold of my faith so I can find good in the world and teach my kids to focus on what is good.

Dear God, I am sorry I have let myself become distant from You. Help guide me through this life towards you. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment