Thursday, January 26, 2017

Dave Ramsey, Here We Come!

It's no secret that my husband and I are not the best financial planners. I am determined to turn that around but my biggest obstacle has been my husband's irritability with my frequent changes. I admit, I do change our system every few months or so but that's because I haven't found the one that really works for us. I would do a half debit card, half cash system. Or I'd do an allowance system. I'd do an obsess over our online account and just stay on top of my husband with how much we have left. Nothing seemed to click and maintain. We were always cut short by the end of the month and I'd end up having to rearrange or take out of savings making building a savings nearly impossible.

I came to the realization this past week that maybe I am just stretching ourselves too thin. I focus too much of the saving and not enough on the reality of what we need, thus causing us to come up short yet again. So I decided the best thing to do would be to switch to an all cash system, Dave Ramsey style. We have a few friends that have gone through it and they have reported a lot less stress with money and have begun paying off debt.

I brough this to BJ and not too surprised, he became annoyed with me. Then I became frustrated with him because he refuses to really sit down and talk to me or walk through this with me. His response is always "I'll do whatever you need me to do". Not exactly a statement of teamwork which is what we've been lacking in the budget department. I really feel that we can do this if we stick with it and work together. I need to do a better job of involving him or at least asking him to sit with me and go through all of the finances and if he says "No, thank you" it's on him.

I don't want this to divide us but to bring us closer together and work together towards goals. I really want us to get through this and actually live instead of constantly depriving ourselves of things that we enjoy. We can do this!

Dear God, give us guidance as we transition our budget (yet again). Help us to open communication and work as a team to accomplish our goals. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment