Saturday, January 28, 2017

Simplicity of the Complex

Since we have begun classes to convert to Catholicism, my brain has been on system overload. In a good way. It's no lie that there is a lot to learn when it comes to the Catholic faith. Just when I feel like my head is going to burst, I realize what it truly means to be Catholic.

Forgiveness. Repentence. Love.

For seeming to have so many rules, the Catholic faith is actually very simple. If you screw up and commit a sin, you repent. You own up to your sin. You become accountable for your actions. The Catholic faith doesn't allow you to cover up your faults and short-comings. That is the amazing part of the faith. We all sin, therefore, no one should feel they are above the other. Whether you are in a different denomination, religion, social class, whatever, no one is above the other.

I realize that there are some Catholics that don't seem to uphold this, but there are people in every denomination, in every religion, in every social class that is guilty of this. Rather than assuming we are forgiven and can feel that weight lifted off our own shoulders, Catholics practice confession. They hold it as a sacrament for a reason. I haven't had the opportunity to go to confession yet, but I look forward to the experience and hope it is everything I have heard about.

The rules that church has are actually rules that make it easier to live our lives. They give us the forgiveness we seek and the love that we desire. It makes talking to God so much easier. I love talking to God in my own way but sometimes I have difficulty finding the words. The prayers of the Catholic faith help me. I understand God knows what's in my heart but I feel making every effort to become closer to Him is so worth it.

Dear God, Thank you for opening our eyes and leading us to the Catholic faith. Let us continue to do your will. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment