Monday, January 28, 2019

Don't Silence Your Voice

Today's the day. Today's the day I'm going to have that great idea. I'm going to write that unique article that will inspire so many others out there. I get excited. I sit down to type. Then I look on Facebook and there it is. My article. Only by someone else. And it sounds so much better than mine!

My confidence is crushed. I feel like I'm back to square one, but why? 

So I'm not as unique as I thought I once was. I'm obviously not the only one that has struggled with parenting, marriage, work, relationships, following God. We all have those moments where we just can't manage to get it together so why wouldn't there be someone else who would want to voice their thoughts on similar topics?

This is where we cannot allow similarities to silence our voices. This is how we help each other. We get a new perspective. We try something different for the same issue to hopefully finally resolve the issue. It's more tools in our toolbox. So don't let it silence you.

Don't allow the comparison of yourself to others dampen your spirits. I know I have good moments and I know I have bad moments. I need to learn to open myself up to others and have conversations. Not just hitting the "Like" button but commenting. Giving feedback, receiving feedback to make each of us better.

It's hard. But I need to make it easier by accepting that others will have ideas similar to mine. I need to work harder and making my voice heard in my own way to separate myself from the others. There are times I will succeed and there are times that I will fail. But I can no longer accept not even trying. I need to learn to accept failure which is something I have always struggled with. I have to let go of my expectations of perfection. I do not need to be silent. 


No comments:

Post a Comment