Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Just When You Start To Get Excited

Moving to Central City from Holdrege was not an easy one for me. Mainly because I was having such a hard time trying to find employment within my field of Physical Therapy. There were a few places hiring but they were looking at a Physical Therapist rather than a Physical Therapist Assistant, which is what my degree just so happens to be in. I was able to land a PRN position with the local hospital which has worked out ok but still not what I was hoping for.

The last year and a half, I've been praying and hoping and checking on a regular basis for any part-time or full-time openings in the area. I was looking as far out as an hour drive and nothing. Every week, nothing. 

Then this week...something! A co-worker of mine was meeting with a group out of Grand Island, about 35 minutes away. She said they had mentioned a PTA was quitting and were looking to hire. She passed the information on to me and I was quick to update my resume and send it off for review hoping that if I didn't get the position at the least the thought of me leaving my current position would be enough to gain a few more hours.

I was excited. For the first time in over a year I felt like things were falling into place for me, confirming that I was indeed on God's path. Then today I received an email: "So sorry Valerie, but, we are actually looking for a PT, not a PTA."

Crushed.

That's all I could think. I was crushed. Now what? Do I still go to my current employer and tell them I have sent out my resume? It is the truth after all. Or do I just sit and wait to see if more opportunities become available?

Nothing is more disappointing than when your track stops short and leaves you hanging on the edge of the cliff wondering if you're going to fall or catch your balance and find firm ground again. I know God's planning is not my own but it doesn't make it hurt any less. I know it will work out in the end but that doesn't mean I can't be a little disappointed. 

I will continue to hang in there because that's what I need to do. There's no use in getting upset about it since no good would come out of that either. Chin up! Another opportunity will arise...

No comments:

Post a Comment