Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Aunt Flo Is Trying to Kill Me

Every month Aunt Flo decides she needs to drop in for a visit. Sometimes she gives you a heads up she's on her way and other times she drops in unannounced. She could show up early or she could keep you in a panic waiting for her arrival. One thing is always a guarantee to my visits from Aunt Flo...I can hardly wait for her to leave!

I never had major issues with my periods until I started having kids. When our second child came along a little too quickly for our liking, I decided to try an IUD. This was long before we converted to Catholicism so I didn't think much of it and a friend of mine had recently gotten one and said it was working great for her. Apparently my body despises any form of birth control. The pill made me moody. The IUD either was infected or caused me to bleed well past the 5-7 day requirement of misery. The shot coincided with my post-partum depression and I honestly think it threw my hormones for a loop it wasn't ready for and I've been having problems ever since.

Most months I can get by with popping the Ibuprofen day 2 and 3 then coast it out for the remainder of the week. Not this month. This month Mother Nature is flipping me the bird as if I have done something unforgivable since last month. I walk as much as I can, I am very much a nonlitter-er. I don't know what I did to piss her off but she is sure making me pay for it!

I can't remember being more fatigued or dizzy, not to mention the headache I've all day today and I'm on day four! Usually by now I don't even notice the cramps! They are still making me double over. It really blows. Oh, Aunt Flo. Why are you such a witch sometimes?!?!

Of course I will be passing this on the the good 'ole gyno and see if she has any new remedies for me.

There are times I wonder if my body is giving me a violent riot because we've decided we're done having kids. My loins are grieving for another baby and are looting my uterus, shredding every last bit of it to make me long for the days when I didn't have to deal with Aunt Flo's visits for almost two years. I do miss those days....Just not enough to have any more children!

I know she'll go away eventually. Three days to go! Hopefully. She has been known to stay longer. A few weeks of bliss before she barges in again. Yay for women...

No comments:

Post a Comment