Thursday, December 13, 2018

What A Week...

I realize I'm already ridiculously behind on many of my personal goals. This week has been chaotic and sadly, it's not done yet!

Between mom fails, car fails, work fails....I'm surprised I haven't polished off a bottle of wine to forget it all.

Let's start at the beginning....

Monday. As I'm finishing up my work day my boss walks in (enter eye roll). He's in a panic because there was a mistake on one of my charts. A mistake that I realized was made last week and I had already fixed it. He refuses to hear me that I already fixed it so he goes on and on and on about how a mistake was made. Thanks for listening boss-man!

Tuesday. I volunteered to work the afternoon and all was well. Until the last hour. It's always the last hour that makes me run ragged! Oliver, our oldest, had a Christmas concert so I brought his clothes into town to avoid a running back and forth moment as we live ten minutes outside of town and my husband and I both worked until 6. I wasn't able to leave my work until 6:20. As I get into my vehicle I receive a phone call from daycare, "Nora (our youngest) hasn't been picked up from daycare yet". *&*#^*!!!! I had assumed my husband was going to pick her up after school and take her to practice with him. Right after that my husband calls me (it is now 6:26), "Oliver goes on stage in four minutes and he is still in his gym shorts and t-shirt!". *&^%%*&^*!!!!! I race across town to pick up Nora then race across town to get Oliver his clothes. There are ZERO spots close to the theater to park. I run with Nora under one arm and a pile of clothes under the other. CHAOS! He had a Spiderman shirt under his nice sweater which could not be hidden and no socks. Mom fail.

Wednesday. Time for an oil change on the minivan to prepare for holiday travels! Oil change, Power Steering flush, that's all I need. I trust our car guys as they never make me feel stupid and give me their honest opinions on what needs to be addressed sooner rather than later and what isn't a major concern at the moment. I get the call, "Your brakes are metal on metal and the cords are starting to show on your tires". *&%%*&^*^!!!!! This van has been a money suck for the last three months and I just wanted an easy appointment. We've been battling heating malfunctions in single digit temperatures, massive coolant leaks that sprayed the entire underhood, and now this. All right before Christmas. So I get the brakes and order the tires because it needs to be done. Especially before we travel for the holidays. Not cool. To top it off, my debit card refused to pay that much in one place so I had to call the bank and wait ten minutes for them to up my daily limit since I had forgotten our checkbook. Embarrassment...

Thursday. I work all day. I had three no-show and one cancelled appointment all afternoon. I do not like twiddling my thumbs at my job. And of course it's never the last ones of the day that do that to me. No! It's got to be the patients immediately after lunch. So the day can really drag on! The Central City boys basketball team lost and my Huskers are struggling against Illinois.

Friday. It  hasn't happened yet, but I volunteered to work so my day's already shot.

Don't get me wrong, I will find my Suzy Sunshine and I will get out of this rut. There's not too much more that can happen, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment