Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Some People...

There are people I have come across throughout my life that just make me want to scream. I have had the opportunity to come across two such people in the last two days. Goodness.

I am very much a task oriented person and when I come upon a to-do that I'm not familiar with I will always try it on my own and then ask for help. I take pride in knowing that I made the attempt on my own and I try to ask for help before it goes too far.

These people...not so much. Any task is just too difficult for them even though it's laid out pretty simply. Nothing fancy. It's as if they take joy in sucking any positive notion out of the air and remind you that life is horrible. Scratch that...THEIR life is horrible.

Now I'm sure this may have been just a coincidence and maybe they really are going through a tough time. I try to give them the benefit of the doubt. But when every suggestion, every possible scenerio is laid out for them and it's still not up to their standards and yet they won't give any feedback on what would be helpful. I need to either walk away or have a come to Jesus moment with them.

I can't hold your adult woman hand through this. You have to figure it out. If I am having to use my energy because you are too lazy to try on your own, I won't have any energy left on myself and I will leave you feeling drained and depressed when I am normally a very optimistic, silver-lining kind of person. Don't bring me into your funk. I can't handle it.


No comments:

Post a Comment