Friday, December 28, 2018

Some Days I Just Don't Want to be a Mom

Maybe it's coming down from the Christmas gathering high. Maybe it's returning to work after five days off. Maybe it's all the junk food I've consumed and all the alcohol I've drunk over the Christmas weekend.

Whatever it is, I have had two days in the last three that I have seriously told myself, "I just don't want to be a mom right now."

Our three year old has been throwing horrendous tantrums for the last week. We took her off of a nap schedule since she was being such a distraction at bed time and taking forever to fall asleep during her regular nap time, we thought it was a good time to transition her out of the nap stage. This last week though, by the time 4:00pm rolls around, she is an absolute pill! Never satisfied, never happy....ALWAYS CRYING!!! I can't take it!

Our older children are home from school for Christmas break. That about explains it. Endless fighting. Fighting because they're playing with each other's toys. Fighting because they aren't wanting to play with each other. It's seriously a no win situation every moment at our house.

These are the days I just want to be left alone and not have anyone touch me, talk to me. I just want to be by myself and have no other cares.

I realize I shouldn't think this way but it happens every once in awhile. I realize I probably don't pay as much attention to them as I should. I need to adjust my screen time just as much as I need to adjust theirs. I need to show them by example not by lecture. At times this works. Other times I don't have the back up I need by my husband to implement a plan.

I just get frustrated and by the time I realize what I need to do, it's usually too late. I've already yelled at them or ignored them or just ran away for a minute.

We all need to do a little better.

No comments:

Post a Comment