Monday, December 10, 2018

Weekend Slack

Why is it so hard to keep a schedule during the weekends? I feel like those are the days I need a schedule more than ever since everyone wants to be helter-skelter once confined in the house. i have such high hopes to do great activities and crafts with the kids but it seems to turn into a disaster more than an accomplishment. There's fighting, there's crying, and always, always, a big mess for me to pick up.

It seems so much easier to just let everyone go by the whim of their own pants. This usually bites me in the ass because as soon as we all sit down together, whether for a meal or a movie, it's like we have forgotten how to converse with other members of the human race. There's fighting, there's crying, and always, always a big mess for me to pick up!

I notice that I get so caught up in what I need to get done that as long as the kids are occupied, I don't think about it too much. But I need to. They need to do more than eat snacks and watch tv. I love tv which is why I want them to learn how to go through a day without it. It became a big time suck, major distraction, with so many events in my life. How pathetic! I don't want that for them.

I plan on making this week a week of positive attempts at family time. This is such a busy time of year that we need those moments with each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment